Disclaimer, Privacy and Use
NIYC.CA Disclaimer, Privacy and Use
The NIYC.CA domain the property of Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami. The National Inuit Youth Council (NIYC) website is owned and operated by Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami.
The official URL for the National Inuit Youth Council is www.niyc.ca.
Some of the content of on this website has been provided by outside sources. Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami is not responsible for the accuracy or currency of information provided by external sources. Any comments posted on our website do not necessarily reflect the opinions, values or positions of Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami, the National Inuit Youth Council or other partners of ITK and/or the National Inuit Youth Council. For your convenience, we often link to the websites of other organizations. We are not responsible for the content or the functionality of websites we link to.
Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami respects your privacy.
- Our website gathers no information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. This information is only available if you explicitly provide it to us. Any information you do provide will not be posted on the website without yout concent.
- We do use software to gather web traffic statistics. No personal information is gathered. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Web site, the date and time of the visit, the pages visited and the search terms used. We make no attempt to link these IP addresses with individuals visiting our site.
- Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami does not use "cookies" to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. If cookies are in use and you have your cookies notification option activated on your browser the system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them. (A "cookie" is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a Web site to allow it to monitor your use of the site.) Cookies are used to remember authenticated users if you ask the system to remember your password.
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except NIYC website development personnel who need the information to carry out responsibilities of their job. No disclosure of the personal information you give us will be made available to outside organizations or individuals unless we are issued a court order to do so.
You agree to access and use the NIYC website for lawful purposes only. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statues, rules, and regulations pertaining to your use of www.niyc.ca. By accessing our website, you agree that you will NOT:
- Use niyc.ca to commit a criminal offense, or to encourage others to conduct acts that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
- Post (or transmit) any unlawful, threatening, libellous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable content;
- Use the web site to impersonate other parties or entities;
- Use the web site to upload any content that contains a software virus, such as a Trojan Horse or any other computer codes, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the daily function of the web site (or the hardware/software of any other person who may access the web site);
- Upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any materials, that you do have the right to transmit under any law (or under any contractual relationship);
- Alter, damage, or delete any content posted on the web site;
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication in any way;
- Claim a relationship with or speak for any department, division, organization, unit, etc., which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship;
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation;
- Post any material that infringes (or violates) the academic/intellectual/human rights or privacy of others; or
- Collect (or store) personal information about others.
Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
Unless otherwise specified, all content on this website is copyrighted by Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from the Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- The National Inuit Youth Council be identified as the source; and,
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made, in affiliation with or with the endorsement of the Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami, our Board of Director organizations or any other partner of the National Inuit Youth Council.
- Our Universal Resource Locator (URL) must accompany any material that is reproduced without explicit written authorization. Our URL must appear as www.niyc.ca.
- The Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami Corporate logo or the Nipiit logo may not be used for any purpose without explicit authorization.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami. We will ensure that material provided for commercial purposes is up to date and accurate.
Some of the materials and graphical elements on the NIYC website (www.niyc.ca) are subject to copyrights held by other individuals or organizations. We identify any material not belonging to Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami. Any elements not owned by Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami are subject to the restrictions of the original copyright holder.
Questions/Comments on Privacy
Questions or comments regarding this policy, be directed to:
Senior Information Management / Information Technology Advisor
75 Albert St.
Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5E7